It's very simple to install the Genesis theme and the Genesis framework.
Difference between Genesis Theme and the Genesis Framework
It's a common question when someone comes to know about genesis. Genesis Frameworkis one of the most popular WordPress theme frameworks by StudioPress. One the other hand, the Genesis theme is a child theme by StudioPress.
So, what makes the differences between the Genesis child theme and Genesis Framework?
For using any Genesis child theme on your WordPress site, you have to install the Genesis framework first. All child theme works under a parent theme. And here, the Genesis framework is the parent theme of the Genesis child theme.
Why should you use the Genesis Framework and its child theme?
Many famous bloggers, along with WordPress itself, recommend the genesis framework as it's well coded and very SEO friendly. If you use a child theme like Genesis, you don't need to change the core file directly. Using a child theme is way safe. If you don't have a piece of excellent coding knowledge, you wouldn't want to mess with the core files.
- 15 Best Genesis WooCommerce Theme for WordPress (E-commerce Specialized)
- 31 Best WordPress Themes for Travel Blogs (2020)
How to Install the Genesis Theme and Genesis Framework in WordPress
As I mentioned above, you have to install the Genesis framework first. First of all, go to your StudioPress dashboard and download the genesis framework zip file. (If you haven't buy Genesis Framework and themes, get it here with exclusive deals)
After downloading the genesis framework,
- go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Apperance> Themes> Add New> Upload Theme
- Now select the genesis framework zip file and hit upload.
- Important: Don't install the framework. It won't work. You have to install a Genesis child theme to get the customization options.
- Again, go back to your StudioPress dashboard and download your desired genesis child theme zip file.
- Go back to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Apperance> Themes> Add New.
- Select the Genesis child theme zip file and upload it. Bingo! You have successfully installed the genesis theme and genesis framework in your WordPress site. Now, activate the child theme and customize your site.
Things you need to be careful about installing a genesis theme and framework
I've seen many times people used to activate the Genesis framework. It's a wrong idea, and it could break your site. Genesis framework isn't a theme; it's a framework for the child theme. So, don't activate the framework. Just install it and then upload and activate your genesis child theme.
Using a genesis theme in your WordPress site is undoubtedly a great decision. As StudioPress is a part of the WP Engine ( The best managed WordPress Hosting Provider), you can get all the StudiPress genesis child theme with their hosting plan. We recommend you to go with WP Engine as it will save you a lot of money.
As a TechBattler user, you can get WP Engine free 3 months subscription.Get WP Engine Free
Please let me know if you have any further questions on installing the genesis theme and genesis framework. Just leave a comment.
I'm Ajmain, the founder of TechBattler.com. I love blogging and that's why I built TechBattler. Enjoy our every article and stay connected
#aCyber-fond #aHodophile #aDreamer